Thursday, July 27, 2006

You've had your chance

Well there you go, you had your chance and now you've missed it. A wonderful prize could have been winging its way to you if you'd have contacted me as the 1000th visitor. Heigh ho.

By some strange twist of fate I turned out to win the competition whilst checking my own blog! How's that for lucky. Mind you I always did have a way with these things, I can often tell when the phone is going to ring and my knees always shake when something big is approaching. I think it's because my mother once had a bit of gypsy in her.

I could hardly give myself one of my own pictures so I decided to give myself an afternoon tea as a treat. Well, I was going to have to put a bit of a spread on anyway because I had a young chap coming round who'd written to me from St. Helens. I was in two minds whether to do and stand up running or a sit down fingers. He'd seen me in a play there many years ago called 'A Face At The Window', I'm surprised he remembered me because we took fourpence all week!

That's him in the picture, he was quite a smiler, and seemed a lovely lad, his mother runs a wool shop just outside Cleveleys. He was on his way to see her because he'd just run out of Chinchilla Sunrise one sleeve off finishing a bolero jacket. We had a lovely chat and the afternoon just flew by, before you knew it my local pub 'The Friend In Hand' had opened so we popped out after the lardy cake for a small port and lemon.

I insisted on getting the drinks in and handed him a £10 note, I went to get my favourite seats in the snug between the signed Alma Cogan and the Winnifred Atwell whilst he got the drinks. Well I waited and waited and thought he must have got lost because there was no one in to speak of, only Fred who sits next to the radiator with his puzzler.

That was when I realised he'd gone.

Along with my £10.

And my knees didn't shake once.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

If I say it was me, and can prove it, but didnt have time to mail you will that count? ;o)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Brad Fitt said...

If you can prove it I'll be happy to come up with the goods, hows the leg Maud?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Ive mailed you a pdf, Although I did if from my work email, which is being decidedly dodgy. And Tankies for asking, my foot is on the mend :o) I shall be officially ditching the sticks soon. (or painting them black!) Woohoo!
XXX

9:21 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I thank you sir!
:o)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Bellacor