Thursday, February 15, 2007

Comfort for depression

I've been lower than a snakes undercrackers of late. Just last night I was sat in the bath squirting the water out of my rubber duck, and thinking 'I'm sure that hole is getting bigger' when suddenly I felt the urge to yodel again.

You see, at one time I was very keen on yodelling, and in fact I even went out and bought myself a Tyrolean hat with a feather stuck in it. And every spare moment I would climb the nearest hillock and give a 'Yo-del-a-ee-dee'. But then one day when I was out yodelling with a friend, my voice suddenly took a turn for the worse. My 'yo' was alright, but I had a lot of trouble with my 'del' and as far as my 'a-ee-dee' was concerned, that dissapeared right up the canyon!

Well, I stopped squeezing the soap into funny shapes, and thought, 'I know, I'll make one of my favourite recipes, Swiss eggs. If that doesn't do anything for my depression and my lack of a good yodel, nothing will.'

It was amazing. After just one mouthful I could feel my yodel coming back and I've not lost it since, so when you're feeling a little bit down, having somewhat of a grey day, why not try my recipe for Swiss eggs, and whilst your at it, why not have a yodel tonight before you go to sleep

Swiss eggs (for four people)
2 oz Margerine
3 oz gruyere cheese
4 eggs
a little nutmeg
a little allspice
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons of carnation milk

Melt half the marg in a pie dish, then put in a thin layer of cheese, and break the eggs on top. Add the seasoning, and pour on carnation followed by the rest of the sheese. place some pats of marg on top and bake in a slow oven for 15-20 minutes. There you have it, Swiss eggs.

Yo-Del-A-Ee-Dee!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You ARE the Eggman. I thought as much!
Good to have you back yodelling Sir!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Adriana said...

How timely, I not only drop in to see if you've updated, and you have hurrah, but at at a time when I'm feeling very low. Swiss Eggs here I come, now where is the tin of carnation milk?

"Yo del a ee dee"

x

12:35 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Love you long time.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"High on the hill..."

...well, you know the rest...

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Bellacor